Monday, October 15, 2012

One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to be going right? I was going to use today's project center session to retry a map project. I have a batch of old maps that I like to recycle for art projects. The lines and shapes on the maps give a new spin on color placement when painting or using oil pastels. I didn't have buy-in on this project last week -- the lines and shapes of the maps did not appeal. I thought I would try a different approach today using egg shells.

We had a large collection of egg shells sitting in the fridge, but it seems between today and last week, they were thrown away by an industrious adult with the goal of cleaning out the fridge -sigh-. I sent out an email asking for more eggshells and went outside to cut stalks from our different ornamental grasses. The children sketched these using permanent markers and then painted the drawings using watercolors.

A good use of our time, certainly, but I am really, really looking forward to using the eggshells on maps. Stay tuned!









1 comment:

  1. I love that your kids have a box of paints each. It ain't art if you have to also negotiate sharing- it's social skills. And it ain't art when kids get frustrated by other kids messing the colours together and walking away- it's anger management. Love it!

    ReplyDelete